Tuesday 10 February 2009

Speech Introduction for "Frugal Living"




In the Toastmasters meeting tonight, I have learned the importance of speech introduction. Good speech introduction will help transition to the speaker and set up the tone for the presentation. Therefore, I have just prepared my speech introduction for the upcoming speech "Frugal Living."

While this speech presentation will be read by either my evaluator, Rob Wolfe or the Toastmaster of the evening, I would like to share it in its draft form. I will hand a "final" edition to my "introducer."

Brian will present a speech from Project 5, “Enhancing a Technical Talk with the Internet” from the “Technical Presentations” manual. The title of his speech is “Frugal Living.”

The objectives are to:
  • Understand the nature and process of a technical presentation supported with profession-level visual aids
  • Arrange pre-meeting communications via email
  • Find or create a post-meeting web site for further dissemination of information supporting or enhancing your verbal presentation

The time limit of this presentation is between 12 to 15 minutes.

In tonight’s presentation, Brian will present a speech on frugal living. As there are so many ways to live frugally, he will provide his approach on living within the means. Then, he will ask the audience for their ways to live frugally.

No comments:

Post a Comment