Tuesday 10 February 2009

Need to Narrow Down the Topic from "Frugal Living"



As I am working on my speech right now, I notice that "frugal living" is too broad of a topic to talk in 12 - 15 minutes. To ensure that I will not go over time, I will need to narrow the focus. Personally, I feel that it is never too late to narrow down the topic, as it is always better (to me) to have a speech that is detailed and focused on few topics, than to have a general one that broadly covers large topics.

Given that my theme is on frugal living. How could I narrow the topic down? What would you suggest?

I will need to brainstorm some "more specific" topics.

2 comments:

  1. Brian-- you are truly the master on this topic. What about something around how technology can help one to live frugally (I'm thinking about lessening the need for paper, pens, buying CDs, DVDs, cable TV, etc) and other forms of technology. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,

    It's great to hear from you. Thanks for your feedback and idea! Technology can empower someone to live frugally.

    ReplyDelete